Monday, July 5, 2010

The broom lady

Share

In Thailand, you can find and buy almost anything on the streets. I saw this lady selling brooms in Chiang Mai while walking back home from lunch with my girlfriend. I wanted to get a nice shot of her but she kept walking too fast even with all those brooms!
I just had to use my telephoto lens to capture her from far as she was heading towards a bar.
I liked the balance between the lady with her merchandise and the bar bottles out of focus in the background. I wish that sitting girl was not in the shot as it creates distraction but hey... It was a spontaneous candid shot.

Do you think she might be a witch?

2 comments:

Chic said...

Harry P must have bought his flying broomstick from her. hahaha but must admire the lady for carrying such heavy load. go broom broom power!:D

Kristina said...

great picture! actually i adore all of the your last posts! may I ask what camera and what lense you usually use??
viele grĂ¼sse, kristina

Related Posts with Thumbnails