Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Welcome To Canvas of Light!

Share

Welcome dear readers to my humble photoblog: Canvas of Light.


After hesitating for a while, I finally decided to take that step and jump into the world of blogging to share my passion of photography with everyone.


Although I already post my photos on numerous photo-community sites, I felt like I wanted a more personal blog where I can also relate the stories and ideas behind each of my photos as well as some tips I have discovered during my journey in the photographic adventure. I find it always interesting to have a glimpse of what is happening inside of a photographer's head.


I guess I have to tell a bit about myself, I am Daniel, a French-Armenian 30 year old guy with a boring day job in a boring office. I had a passion for Arts since my childhood.


My main interest at first was drawing.. I loved to draw, and kept on drawing for the past 25 years.

One day while camping, I envied one of my friends who had bought a brand new DSLR camera, snapping amazing photos. Less than a month later, in November 2007, I purchased a DSLR too (Canon 400D)… And that's when a new passion was born.


I am a complete self taught amateur. Everything I learned I did it alone, with a lot of practice (I used to take my camera EVERYWHERE!), a lot of reading, a lot of experimenting and of course, browsing the net to get some ideas and inspiration.

I intend to quit my job in 2009 to jump into the world of freelance photography and finally follow my dreams.


Why Canvas of Light you say? Because as a photographer, I use the available Light and my camera as tools to "paint" my photos like an artist in front of his canvas. My intention is always to tell a story, trigger an emotion through my photos. A photo should not be only "beautiful" or "perfectly done"… it should trigger something within the viewer.


And that is what I hope I will be able to do.


I will be posting some of my oldest photos as well as new ones. You would be able to follow the evolution and improvement through time. For each of them I will relate the story behind it, the technical details and my own view on it. I will do my best to keep the blog updated frequently (preferably once a day).


Feel free to ask any questions, I will be happy to answer them.


I thank you in advance for your interest.


Alright then… Let the journey start!



And may there always be Light!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Daniel! Congrats on your new site, it's just great! Good luck with it, I'll be back... :)
~Lauren

Anonymous said...

i am watching you on deviantart and i have just now discovered your blog. even though i seen the photos on deviant, i love the insights on them. and i envy you a little for being soooo close to the desert.
Anyways, thanks again.
if you ever plan to visit Romania, please feel free to contact me. See you around, traveler!

Related Posts with Thumbnails