Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Awakening

Share


What can be more gratifying than the Sun rising and washing away all your bad thoughts?

I have already talked about how I feel in the desert, how the desert can be a therapeutic escape.
It was again another camping in the desert. I was in a bad mood that night, being heartbroken by some girl (yeah, happens ;) ).
Once again I waited for sunrise alone to capture the beauty of the awakening Nature (yes, even in the desert).

As Mr. Paul Shepard already said:

"The angularity of desert landforms imparts a monumental architecture to the clouds as well as to the land"

Add a rising sun to it... And you have this!

The beauty of the scenery blew me away and completely washed away all the negative feelings and thoughts I carried within me the whole night.
Sitting there, alone on the highest dune of the region and watching a new day arise felt like a new awakening of my soul. Bliss!

I tried to capture the scene as perfectly as I could. I shot this at 1/250 sec, f/10 and ISO 100. I paid attention to the composition, and waited for the perfect moment to press the shutter. I wanted to sun to be behind the clouds to prevent it from being too bright, and to capture the shadows of the rays blocked by the clouds.
The photo was then processed through Photoshop and Photomatix (HDR treatment) with curves/levels and saturation adjustment.

Finding the title wasn't really hard again. It was an "Awakening" for me as well as Nature.

A new day...... Forget the past, live today.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails